January 30, 2010

Momma said there'd be days like this

You know how sometimes you do something stupid, and afterward you just need some alone time to recover your dignity?
I do that fairly often...

Every year Brandi Jones helps me file my taxes, so last year I drove over to her house on April 15th, as usual.
She was in the office talking to a customer, so I felt free to walk around and explore on my own.
They had just moved into a new house.
You would've done the same thing.
I saw the kitchen.
I saw the little laundry room off the side of the kitchen.
I saw an interesting little door in the laundry room, and wondered where it went.
I slid it open without knocking and saw.....
Brandi's husband.
Dan Jones.
In the bathtub.
With bubbles.
Reading a book.
Looking back at me like I was a retard.
I exited.
I. Was. Mortified.


And that is how I do.