February 14, 2013

yummy: apple pancake rings

One day, a couple weeks ago, when I really hungry (and tired of eating Top Ramen), I went on Pinterest to see what I could find by way of quick, easy, and delish recipes.
I found several and have been trying them out. And, much to my delight, I'm no longer hungry.
I cooked, I ate, I lived to tell about it. Boom.

This is one of my faves. The girls loved it too.

Apple Pancake Rings



Ingredients:

1 cup flour
1 tbls sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 beaten egg
1 cup milk
2 tbls melted butter

4 or 5 apples
1 cup lemon juice

1/3 cup sugar mixed with 2 tbls cinnamon

Directions:

1. Peel, core, and slice apples into rings. Place rings in a bowl with lemon juice poured over them. I recommend letting them soak up the lemon juice for awhile, but that's just me.


2. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a medium sized bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the egg, milk and butter. Add wet mixture to dry mixture. Stir well. Batter should be a little lumpy.
4. Dip apple rings into pancake batter, cook on hot griddle until goldeny brown, turning once.


5. Sprinkle the pancakes rings with the sugar and cinnamon mix. (or you could sprinkle them with powdered sugar.)

Eat 'em piping hot! They're so good!
I love biting thru the sugary outside and having the tart, juicy apple insides squirt out. Yumm-o.

Other versions of the Apple Pancake Ring: here, here, and there

Love,
Not Hungry Anymore