happy burfday, sister friend

It's Karen's birthday today.
She's my sister. And she's my friend.

And she has cute, rascally kids.


I love her because of all the nights we stayed up late, talking.

I love her because of all the times I've screwed up and she always still loves me.

I love her because of the daily phone calls and texts... even though we see each other almost everyday.

I love her because she bought some disgusting gross substance that feels like cow slobber for us to put on our hair, and therefore make our hair more beautiful. We'll have slobbery hair together... and beautiful results together.

I love her because she buys fabric to recover her pillows for $14 a yard. And then decides she doesn't really want it anymore. She's the queen of returns.

I love her because she can cook. And I can eat what she cooks.


I love her because she shares her girls with me. Want a few of the girls tonight? I need a break... about to go out of my mind.

I love her because she sees the human population thru rose colored glasses. People are good.

I love her because she wants to do right.

I love her because she's such a good mommy to her six girlies.

I love her because she can never decide what she should wear. So she asks me.

I love her because she's usually even more confused than I am.

I love her because she always asks me to go shopping with her. And actually thinks I'll go. She's optimistic like that.

I love her because she smiles at me over the piano at church.

I love her because she always thought I could protect her from axe murderers when we were growing up. Protect = they could kill me first while she ran for her life.


I love her because she holds my hand.
And no matter what, she'll always be my sister friend.

Happy burfday, Karen waren.
I'm glad God gave me you.

Comments

  1. Sisters are the best. What a beautiful post. :) Happy Birthday Karen :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. They are the best. They're the friends you can never get rid of... and never want to! :)

      Delete
  2. I agree with all of that except for the Queen of Returns...Feather is the Queen of Returns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know... Karen's pretty good at the 1 day rule. Keep it for a day... return it the next:)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for stopping by (and for following!), Serena! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment