A new baby


I am so happy to say that we are having another baby, due on April 11th. I’ve made it to 8 weeks which is pretty far along for me. When I wrote about miscarriages a few posts back, I didn’t realize I was already pregnant at the time. 




Like with Luna’s pregnancy, I have moderate hyperemesis gravidarum which is just a big, unpronounceable word for “I vomit around 15-20 times a day and can’t keep food or fluids down”.  Pregnancy is great! I have a beautiful sweaty glow and stellar breath! But although I’d love pregnancy to fly by and be over already, I am thrilled to have another baby. 



The pictures I send to Aaron these days. I told my sisters it’s so different from the selfies he got when we were dating.

Yesterday, as I vomited into the kitchen sink and cried out to my Lord and Savior to take me to Heaven, Luna came up behind me and vigorously spanked me over and over with a little spatula she found. “There you go, Mama! Thank you! You okay??” *smack smack* On the one hand, my spirit groaned within me. On the other hand, I thought if this is not the most hilarious picture of motherhood then I don’t know what is.

This morning I passed out and came to with Luna smashing her cuppy into my ankle bone,”HEY MAMA YOU OKAY???” Her greatest concern these days. Am I okay? She asks me and Aaron that all day now, clearly understanding that something is different and not really okay. She is the sweetest baby and will come up and press her chubby cheek against mine saying,”Awwww Mama. You okay? Yes, you okay.” And give me a face pat.






Picking out names was so easy with Luna, but we disagree on almost every name this time. This is hard for me because I like to have all my ducks in a row 3 years in advance. I am 8 weeks pregnant and don’t even have a name picked out. Will I even be okay. Someone please name your child Theodore in my honor because Aaron hates it.


I had a 40 hr labor with Luna, an emergency cesarean, Luna was in the NICU, and I didn’t see her for about 8 hrs after the first glance because I slept and slept. I didn’t cry even once over any of those things. It did not even cross my mind to care about it. Nothing went according to plan, and I thought it was all so wonderful and amazing. I loved everyone and everything and I remember thinking,”I feel like the whole world is happy right now”. I don’t think I stopped smiling for weeks. But this week I cried like a baby when I had to schedule IV infusions at the hospital because I’d rather die than get a needle prick a few times a week, I guess.


I am so thankful for friends and family who do not mind dropping what they’re doing, in the middle of their own busy and chaotic lives, and coming to help me. Drives to the hospital, meals, taking Luna for the day, helping me with my job here and there. I’m so thankful for faithful friends. I worry about asking for help as I think of the million things they also have going on. But still they show up every time.




And as for Aaron. I am just here to say that I have a caring husband. Not one complaint has crossed his lips. He comes home from work every day and cleans the house, does literally everything for Luna, makes his own dinners, runs errands by himself, and still takes the time to sit near me and commiserate. He is a true servant when I am sick. He is also about to start teaching our little 5 year old’s Master’s Club class BY HIMSELF until I am able to be there. Last night I watched him mowing the yard with Luna in his lap (which Luna HATED haha) and I thought,”I could not possibly have a better life. I could not possibly be more blessed than this.”

Comments