The Girls


Daphne is almost 3 months old. She has the cutest, squishy legs. She still holds them tightly curled against her body like a fresh newborn. It’s one of my favorite things about her. Luna always stuck her legs straight out, stiff as a board, and it was always one of my favorite things about her. It’s funny how those little things are so cute and meaningful. 


Always looking startled by something.





Daphne has started to laugh. Or attempt to anyway. It’s more of a fake cough and so adorable. Luna had the same exact laugh for the first 9 months or so. It took her forever to learn to laugh for real.


She’s a belly sleeper and rubs her little nose raw on the sheet.



Daphne has the very brightest eyes. She will look up at me so adoringly and refuse to look away no matter what distractions are going on around us. I feel like she loves me so much. I remember the first time Luna looked at me like that. She was still newborn-ish. I picked her up from the nursery, carrying her in one arm and the car seat/diaper bag on the other arm. I had her chest to chest with her little feet dangling down. She laid her head back against my arm and looked up at me with the softest, most adoring face. People came up to talk to her and she never looked away. You know, one of those moments where everything else fades away.


The other day I told Aaron how Daphne wakes up anytime I try to sit down with a cup of coffee. He was like, “Babe, that’s not true. There’s no way.” But then after I tried to drink a cup of coffee and Daffodil woke up simultaneously- for the third time that day- he had to admit that there was something to it. Daff definitely has a sixth sense and knows when I’m drinking coffee. There is no doubt about it. She also knows exactly when I try to take a shower or a nap too. It’s uncanny.


Very unhappy with the outdoors.







Luna has been sleeping with us a little bit lately. She has this frustrating habit of always getting out of her bed and it will go on for hours and hours no matter what we do to break her of it. But, although she will still talk and stay awake for awhile, she doesn’t get out of bed if we lay her in our bed. She thinks it’s really special and will ask to sleep in “Mama’s bed” pretty frequently. So we started putting her to sleep in our bed and then moving her to her own bed when we go to bed later. (Full disclosure: the night I wrote this, Luna not only got out of our bed for the first time, but also emptied all of my dresser drawers onto the floors. She was so happy about it. Send help.) But on occasion we’ll let her stay in there with us. She kicks so much, haha! She will lay sideways with her head bashing into me and her feet kicking Aaron. Aaron and I will compare stories the next morning. “First she kicked me in the back just to show me she didn’t like being moved over, but then she rolled over and snuggled up to me.” But anytime she wakes up, or if I am in there as she falls asleep, she is SO SWEET. She hugs and kisses me, and strokes my arms and back. She whispers the most loving things. “Mama, can you get nearer me, pwease?” And then once we are nose to nose,”Mama, do you have poop in your mouth? Smells bad. Stinky, Mama.” She is 100% thrilled over being with us. And I can’t help but think about how time goes so, so fast and it will be only 10 more minutes before this is over and she’s laying in bed with her own kids. And I don’t want to lose those moments (no matter how much she kicks me in the kidneys). 






The other day Luna patted my belly and said,”Awww there’s Mama’s little belly”. And then a couple days later she looked up at me and said,”Hi, Mama, you not fat.” And I felt suspicious about why she chose to bring that up out of the blue, haha! 




Instead of saying “Tada!”, Luna says “Sha-La!!” and strikes a dance pose. She says this now anytime she accomplishes anything and wants us to be impressed.


There is nothing cuter than curlers on this kid’s head!







I am so thankful for our babies. For our home. More and more I am amazed by how blessed I am. 

Comments