A Happy Easter Day

When I was a kid, after we went to bed, my mom would decorate the dining table for Easter with things from around the house. We would wake up on Easter morning to a fairy table full of candy and cute things. Mom was broke so she didn’t spend much money, but it felt like probably no one else in the world had an Easter as nice as we did.


Easter is the only holiday we celebrate at home. I don’t plan a big meal because I hate to cook so this year we got our faves from Costco. But I aspire to make the table as magical for my kids as it was for little kid me. So after the babies went to bed, I decorated the table with stuff from around the house and their Easter baskets. They loved it. I think we are just reliving our childhoods thru our kids. 












Daphne killed us all morning in this Queen Elizabeth outfit!






We did a little egg hunt after church. I was surprised that Daphne understood the concept, but she was super into it! Luna and I have a bedtime game we play which she calls “Favorites Chat”. We lay in bed and chat about our favorite things from the day. Luna loves nothing more than a chat with us. Anyway, that night her favorite thing was the egg hunt. I would ask if she had any other favorites from the day and she would say,”Really just the egg hunt!” And the following day she organized two more egg hunts around the house for us.






These babies. I love them so much.





Comments