An Update

Luna does everything at full volume. Like her father, and his mother before him, she does not have an inside voice. They do not know how to close doors quietly. They would never be able to sneak up behind you quietly. Sometimes I tell Luna in exasperation,”Luny! Stop yelling right in my ear!”. 

So now she runs to the front door to yell at the dog across the street,”HEY! STOP BARKING RIGHT IN MY EARS!” and to the neighbor kids out back,”HEY GUYS, STOP SCREAMING IN MY EARS!”. 

I’ve tried teaching her to be really quiet when Daphne is sleeping. So far it’s been an utter fail. 

Me, after hearing some crying coming from Daphne’s room:”Luny, let’s go quiiiiiietly to check on baby sister. Maybe she’s just fussing in her sleep (please Lord let her still be asleep)”. 

Luna, slamming herself into the door and busting it open: “OKAY MOMMY QUIET HI BABY SISTER I TURN ON LIGHT!” 

Daphne: *arms and legs fly into the air in fright*

Me: *gives up*

One time our previous neighbor came over and gave me her phone number because she could hear Aaron yelling at me (aka talking at his normal volume)and wanted to save me from being beaten every day of my life. She refused to believe it when I said I wasn’t a victim of domestic violence. “That’s what we all say, please call me when you need help.” So I finally just said thank you and have used that ever since to prove my point to Aaron that he IS yelling, haha! “You say you aren’t yelling, but remember when the neighbor came over that one time???”


The girls gave Luna this little outfit the other day. I love these pictures of her so much! Aaron was standing behind me getting her to do all these poses.















This is one of the first pictures we took of Daphne. 




And another. 




This is what Rachel sent back to me in response after getting those pics. I nearly cried in laughter. Daphne got pretty banged up on the way out. Her eyes were looking off in every direction simultaneously, she had a pretty significant cone head, and her skin was about 28 different shades of purple and grey. 




I planned on getting us all dressed up for Easter even though we wouldn’t be going anywhere. That didn’t happen, but I had Luna’s Easter basket and eggs ready to go a couple weeks before Daphne’s birth so we were able to do those. Luna loved it so much! So did we. There is nothing cuter than a little child’s delight over such simple things.










I asked her if she liked Easter. This thumbs up with a mouth full of mini Mnm’s was her response.




Baby sister wishing I was feeding her.




Letting me know she’s about to get really mad if I don’t feed her asap.



She mad. Utterly heartbroken. Where is the food.




After food.








And Dada getting some snuggles from both his girls. His very favorite thing in this world.





Comments