He hugs me while i sleep

Shelly text me the sweetest thing today, and I have to share.

kids have been in vbs all week and came n last nite doubting their salvation or wanting to get saved so Joshua was sitting beside me crying and i asked him what special thing Jesus had done for him, thinking he'd give me the usual "died on the cross for my sins". instead he said, "He hugs me while I sleep". coolest answer ever.


Isn't that sweet? It made my day.
When I thought of that little boy crying and saying Jesus hugs him while he sleeps... I cried myself.
He likes wearing suit jackets, and bought a magic trick kit with his pennies, and sleeps with his stuffed doggie, together in their underwear, and was only three months old when I moved away.
He's still little enough to crawl in bed with mommy, and smart enough to know God hugs him safe while he's asleep.




And sometimes God uses a sweetheart nephew to remind me, Jesus hugs me while I sleep.

Love,
She Who Is Hugged

Comments

  1. Awww, that makes me all teary too. God uses little things sometimes to remind us of the simple things in life. Thank you, Joshua.
    (Molly poited at Shelly and said,"Mommy." We must look a little alike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bubba reminds me of MY bubba. Brian always was a sweetheart just like that, and he still is. Must run in the family. :)
    -Misty

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment