a post with lots of pictures

Today, I ran around town with a really uncomfortable feeling in my right armpit. Turns out I forgot to put my cami all the way on, and a large portion of it was wadded up under my armpit. I don't understand how these things happen.

Anyway, remember how I said I was going down to Alabama to visit my big sister for Thanksgiving? I had been planning it for months. So I bought my ticket. For the wrong date. So I was actually home for Thanksgiving, and flew out the day after. Who knew Thanksgiving was on the 22nd and not the 29th? Apparently not me.
It was a fun Thanksgiving though. I got to celebrate it twice.

At Karen's...


I made homemade rolls. Excuse me while I try not to feel really proud of my industrious self.


And at Shelly's...


And then I got down to visiting Shelly and her chirren.
We were silly.



We were semi normal.





Then Shelly and I built a bonfire that promptly threatened to burn her house down. And maybe even the neighborhood. And I thought about calling a cute fireman for help, but that ended up not being necessary. Bummer.


After I beat the fire out with a shovel, my bare hands, and a lots of sweat, we had s'mores.




And before I left, we went to see a Christmas light show.



There was a little train ride at this light show. The conductor was... interesting. Have you watched Brave? You know the big blonde guy who talks funny? Here's a clip in case you haven't seen it. Blonde dude starts talking right around 12 seconds.


That was our train conductor, And ober on da lef humhumblahbuna also lalaflefla. You right lamalama?
I was like, What'd he say? And no one knew. It was a mystery to us all. A lovely little Christmas mystery.
I laughed the whole train ride.




I love Shelly. I love those kids. If I had my way, they'd be living in my house, sharing my room, and using up all my hot water. Instead they live far, far away, and I pretty much never get to see them. And so I just look at pictures, and talk on the phone, and get a lump in my throat.


Then I got on a plane and flew home, and they frisked my bun at the airport because apparently you can only have so many clippies in your hair and if you're over the quota, they pat your bun down to make sure you don't have any weapons of mass destruction hidden in there.

But I made it home.
And we've had lots going on since I've been back.

Emma and Lily have been dressing themselves.

Emma's sense of fashion never ceases to amaze me.



I have no idea what she's crying about, but her face cracks me up.


As do her Minnie Mouse shoes and those socks.


I would explain, but I have no idea...


Lily's motto is, WEAR ALL THE HAIR THINGS.


After that, Leah turned 13.


Now we have a mature teenager in the house, and Karen made her a "sweet pink wedding birthday cake".


Nailed it.
That cake picture will bring me all the joy and laughter I need until the Apocalypse.
And I am not joking when I say that I hope Karen makes me the same cake for my birthday. (Which is exactly one week away, by the way. I like presents.)

Then I decorated for Christmas.
I love my Christmas decorations. I heart them. I literally get tears in my eyes when I have to pack them away.

Would it be pathetic to leave my tree topper out all year? It's my favorite thing, and I could use it for a night light.




I made that door hanger thingy (pat, pat on my back). My friend, Brandi, gave me some pieces of birch bark awhile back, and at the time I didn't know what to do with them. But they were cool so I stuck them in the garage for one day when I felt inspired. I felt inspired while I was chopping off all the super long branches on  my tree. So I took some of the tree trimmings, a snowflake ornament, some little bells, and hot glued it all together, and I love it. (pat, pat again)


I think that's all for now, guys.
I have go finish up my Christmas shopping.

I love you,
Me

Comments

  1. Lily was crying because Emma wanted her to push the stroller with her and Molly in it and it was too heavy for her to push. Emma and Lily were being scary zombies :-) They were more cute than scary. And that cake! What on earth??? Who made that???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures! You are blessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep I am! Hey, I liked your family pic! "Looking up the boy's nostrils..." Ha!

      Delete
  3. Haha! Yeah, I stand above them on the stairs when it comes time to chew them out. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment