three oils that have saved my life

Karen has been on this essential oil kick lately.
She loves them. She carries them around in her purse, and pulls them out to rub all over you if you have any aches or pains.
Got a migraine? She has Past Tense oil. Feeling stressed? She has the Serenity blend. Are you feeling unfocused? Well then... she also has the InTune blend for all your ADD needs.

Here's a pretty picture of the Oil Queen herself, and her youngest rapscallion.


The other day we ordered some new oils online, and when we were finished (a hundred and thirty bucks later) Karen hugged herself in euphoric happiness and said, I'm so excited to buy more oils. Which kinda reminded me of the way I feel when I go into Starbucks and buy more bags of coffee beans.

Anyway, I've been using a few essential oils, and am fast becoming a believer in their magical powers.
And before long, I'll probably be carrying them around in my purse like Karen does, and I'll rub them on your forehead when you complain to me of having hangnails, split ends, or holes in your socks.

1. Emu oil.
Emu isn't actually an essential oil. But whatever. It's oil and it has great healing properties.
One day Karen and I were talking about using oil to cleanse one's face. She had read something on Pinterest about cleansing with olive oil and how it was supposed to be great and stuff, and so I decided to try it because I'm a zit face and always up for a new miracle cure. But I wanted to use emu oil instead of olive oil. I've seen people use it on burns and old scars with wonderful results.
And I am happy to report that within 3 weeks it: 1} Made my skin feel super soft. Like fluffy little baby chicks. 2} Evened out my skin tone and disappeared old scarring by 75%. 3} Got rid of my super oily T zone. Which surprised me. I assumed oil cleansing would cause even oilier skin, but apparently not so. 4} It, sadly, did not get rid of my zit face. Which brings me to the next oil.

2. Clear Skin
One day, I text a friend and asked her what she used for her skin. Because her skin looks like it's been dipped in the waters of perfection and beauty. And she said prescription drugs. And so I looked up her drugs online and started getting a nervous twitch in my stomach because they looked pretty strong and the side effects said things like, May cause sudden unexpected death, or maybe just constipation. And I was like, Well which is it because there's a pretty big difference between those two. And so I mentioned to Karen that, although I was unsure, I would probably soon be taking a drug that would cause my sudden demise (thereby effectively curing my zittiness). And Karen said, Lily go put your underwear back on. Molly stop picking your nose. And whoever is banging on the piano... SHUT IT. And then she rummaged thru her bathroom drawer, and pulled out some Clear Skin and told me to try it before I tried anything that caused sudden death. And so with skepticism in my heart, I took it home and tried it.
I saw improvement within the week. Four weeks later, my skin is slowly but surely is still improving. I have a long ways to go yet, but... I'm more than happy with this essential oil.

3. Clove oil
I went to the dentist last week and had a tooth extracted. I was pretty nervous. I don't like going to any kind of doctor and even more I dislike any kind of pain. But my dentist won my heart over by A} being really nice, kind, and gentle, and B} prescribing me painkillers. I didn't even care that those painkillers also promised to cause sudden death or maybe just constipation. All I cared about was taking the highest dosage I could get away with, knocking myself out, and waking up pain free. Alas, those painkillers made me vomit a whole bunch which resulted in a dry socket.
Do you know what a dry socket is? I didn't really, but now I do. Holy moly. Intense pain. Basically, I have a hole the size of a propane tank in the back of my mouth with nerves and bone flapping around in it, all exposed. And the pain caused me to gnaw on my furniture and pray to God to just go ahead and kill me. In retrospect, gnawing on the arm of my couch was a dumb idea, but at the time it really seemed like it would help. I was taking a ridiculous amount of various painkillers in an effort to take the edge off and those things weren't even scratching the surface. After a few days, I went online to see what I could do for myself.
After reading what a few other people had to say about dry sockets, gnawing on my furniture seemed pretty mild.
One woman said she had had three kids and that she would take childbirth over a dry socket any day.
One guy said he was hit by a car, had road rash, severe lacerations, and ten broken toes. He said being hit by a car was like going to Disneyland compared to a dry socket. And then he said one day, as he lay on the floor in a fetal position (probably gnawing on his furniture), his wife came in and whispered in his ear, Open your mouth so I can pour some clove oil on that dry socket. And as he feebly clutched her leg, she dabbed the oil in his mouth, and he felt almost instant relief.
I've never been thru childbirth, nor have I ever been hit by a car so maybe those people were exaggerating. But I do have a dry socket... so I'm inclined to agree with their possible exaggerations.
I did a little more research and discovered that dentists actually use clove oil products to treat dry sockets. So I went to my dentist the next day, he fixed me up with clove oil stuff (may God richly bless him for the rest of his life), and then I went to Super Supplements and bought my own clove oil. So long as I reapply the oil a few times during the day, I don't even have to take painkillers. And apparently, after a couple weeks the whole shebang will heal up and I'll be good as new.
So let me tell you, not only has clove oil saved my life, it has also saved the life of my furniture.
And that makes me a happy camper.

Love,
The Next Oil Queen

Comments

  1. So, you'll have to do a follow up post on your current skin care routine. I'd like to try those. Do you use both one right after the other? Do you use a moisturizer still?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use the emu oil just like I would a face wash or soap. Rinse with hot water, rub/massage the oil on my skin for a minute or so, hold a piping hot washcloth over my face until it cools off (that kinda steams my skin. And it feels nice:), and then wash the oil off. Voila, clean skin. Great eye makeup remover too.
      The Clear Skin comes in a roll on tube so once my face is dry after washing, I roll it on. And the nice thing about Clear Skin is that you can actually roll it on over your makeup too. It doesn't make you look grody or shiny. Sometimes I apply this one several time during the day. Just for fun and good measure.
      Moisturizer is hit or miss. Some days I don't feel like I need it, other days I do. I have uber sensitive skin so I use Cetaphil cream for a moisturizer when it's needed.

      Delete
  2. I still love my drugs. They make me happy and hormonally balanced. Hormonally balanced being the key word here. That's short for 'not a raving, raging lunatic' haha! Glad you found something to help! Are these oils through doTerra? I've been interested in essential oils but there's so much going on in my brain I can't seem to focus long enough to figure it all out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If this Clear Skin wasn't showing results, I'd be using your drugs! Like you said, at least I'd die with beautiful skin:) And yes, they're doTerra. You should ask Karen about them. She uses a lot of different ones that I haven't tried.

      Delete

Post a Comment