My sunshine girl



Luna and I matched in yellow a few Sundays ago, and Aaron changed his shirt to match too when he saw us. I love these pictures. Luna would rather die than take photos anymore. Sad for me! I get more crying pictures than smiling now. 













Every day we all go outside together and play. Luna stands at the door, and begs and begs to go out. Then cries and cries when we come back inside. Mostly I stand around watching while Aaron does all the fun dad stuff. Swinging, running, hiding, tossing her into the air. When we go for walks, I trail behind as they hit trees with sticks and throw pine cones and climb rocks. Then Luna eats rocks and dirt and, disgustingly, an old dog treat that she found one time on the sidewalk. I got her a little slide and I don’t know if there has ever been a more exciting Amazon delivery at our house. Also, I got a leash for my kid. Ha! I seriously can’t wait to use it! She hates the stroller and hates holding hands. And I remember loving when my mom used the leash she had for me. I crawled around on all fours and barked at every one.
Luna closes her eyes and leans her head as far back as it will go when she is supremely happy. She sways back and forth. Usually when she’s swinging, or dancing with Dada while I cook. I love when she does that. Such a perfect picture of contentment.

Anyway, every day as we do these things, and then put Luna to bed afterward and sing her bedtime songs, I just think, “This is the best life”. I am so grateful to have this life.

Comments