Luna’s Christmas

It’s hard to remember now what Christmas was even like before we had Luna. Choosing her gifts and seeing her wonder over each little thing is truly the most magical thing. I’ve been trying to get a reaction out of her anytime we pass a lit up Christmas house for the past few weeks, but she has just given me the most uninterested, deadpan face every time. Which Aaron has truly enjoyed mocking me about every time. But on the way home from church the other night she finally yelled in excitement over a few Christmas houses,”OH WOW DOOK MAMA DADA DOOK AWSUM!” 
One of my proudest moments as a mother. Finally, I can share these things with my own kid.
All day every day is all about her Christmas things. Pulling out her Christmas books, playing with her ornaments (which I’ve already had to hot glue back together), playing with her infernal singing snow globe that Aaron’s mom got her last year (I would be happy to never hear We Wish You A Merry Christmas again), and saying “What’s that?” as she points at every single ornament on the tree. I used every ornament I own this year so that’s about 100 “what’s thats” three or four times a day. It’s okay, we’re all fine here.

The face of a rascal who knows full well she isn’t going to get in trouble over grabbing ornaments.




The face of a busted rascal who knows she WILL get in trouble for pulling a stocking down. She says “stocky” for stocking. 


Stocking stuffers: little beanie baby from her favorite  grocery store, a “stick” of her very own since she uses mine about 20 times a day, and a toothbrush which is one of her favorite things to do.


The day she “helped” Dada put our tree up.






Buying Luna’s gifts is seriously so much fun. This historically accurate blonde baby Jesus nativity is her under the tree gift. 


Her Christmas books and ornament are probably my favorite things to buy each year. I read Christmas Day in the Morning as a teen and every time I got to the part where the dad comes running back into the house to hug his son all choked up, I would get choked up myself. I forgot all about that story. I ordered this book not knowing it was the same. After it was delivered and I read thru it, I still cried over that same spot with the dad hugging his son. What a happy coincidence that it’s the same story I read and loved as a kid. Then Aaron and I sit writing little notes to Luna in each book, and cry together like the sentimental fools we are. Luna has no choice but to be a crier, it’s her destiny along with her parents.






Also these Christmas jammies! Aren’t they the cutest things?!






The beloved snowglobe. May God have mercy on us all.




The snowglobe last year. She was so little!




Yesterday as I was cooking some elk breakfast burritos for Aaron, I could hear Luna telling him all about her books and ornament. And I heard Aaron telling her,”That’s baby Jesus. He loves you so much. He came to earth and died on the cross to save you. You’ll understand it one day.”
And I felt like I could never be happier than in that moment listening to my sweet husband saying that to our precious daughter. Teaching her why we celebrate this season. Next year we’ll have two daughters to teach. I can only imagine that it will be double the joy.

Comments

  1. I just love all of this so much! Her faces always crack me up. Her jammies are really cute. I love how she delights in so many things.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment