January


Three weeks into the new year and I am going strong with my new year’s resolutions. Let’s hope I can last for another 50 weeks, haha.


Money saved 100%! I haven’t spent a dime.

Vinegar is still disgusting, but effective!

The gym is still sweaty!

Stepping away from my phone is a work in progress.

Two books read. The Murder of Mr Wickham wasn’t terrible. It was like if Jane Austen ate Saltines without drinking water. So if you love Jane Austen and enjoy dry crackers, then this is the book for you. Hidden Like Anne Frank is written for teens, but was really good. Holocaust stories aren’t enjoyable, but they are sobering and convicting. These stories talked about the aftermath of the war in a way I had never considered before.  




Two embroideries finished (the mushroom one was already half finished from last year so it doesn’t really count). The nice thing about setting low goals for yourself is that you can knock them off the list by the end of January.




I have really struggled with going for walks. I am just excessively tired lately so it seems a lot harder right now. But we are doing it.








In other news, both of my girls decided to grow up in the last couple of weeks. Daphne has stayed a tiny baby since birth. Little legs curled up like a newborn. Unable to have any foods other than her bottle. No desire to do a thing other than cuddle up. Aaron and I have said so many times how nice it is that she has stayed practically newborn for almost 10 months. It hasn’t felt like everything is speeding by like it was with Luna. Then one day she started crawling. The next day she sat up on her own. The following day she pulled herself up into standing position. She popped another tooth out. She started throwing fits. In 3 days she went from newborn to 10 months old. We are unsure of what to think about this. I guess life has sped by after all. 


The last picture is Daphne realizing she was falling over backward. It really hurt her feelings and she cried a lot. Look at her fat legs.








I’ve been trying to potty train Luna since last January. Admittedly, I tried very hard the first round, but was half hearted the other two times we attempted potty training later in the year. So a week ago I put Luna on the potty expecting nothing. She peed and I nearly fell over in shock. Then she brightly said,”Maybe if I pee on the potty Mama take me to the CANDY STORE”. 

Me- faithless, doubting, and suspicious: Yeah yeah sure I guess so. Whatever.

Luna: becomes potty trained that instant.

Since that moment she has been fully potty trained, except while sleeping, without my help. So we went to the candy store after a few days of incredulous disbelief. We will also be going to the toy store at some point. We will possibly take her to the moon. We are so happy.




Luna is pretty interested in her “poop families”. “Oh wow! That’s a dada poop. And a Mama!! Awwww I have even a baby Daphne it’s so cute. I wonder where the Luna poop is? In my tummy maybe”.

Aaron said,”I never knew we’d have conversations like this with our kids”.

Yesterday Luna told me happily,”Mama!! I have white sprinkles on my booty butt!!” (toilet paper lint)


Anyway, having kids is so fun.











Comments