Sacrifice

Sometimes I'm ashamed of myself. When was the last time I gave of my want?
Never.
Not even once that I can remember.
The preacher was right tonight when he said that I'm willing to let people go to hell in order to satisfy my own wants.
Of course I don't look at it like that, but that's the way it is.
I get what I want, the missionary goes without, the sinner goes to hell.
I am so blessed, yet I hoard my wealth.
I take and keep.
Sure, I'm thankful for what God has given me.
I also take it for granted.
I assume I deserve it.
I couldn't tell you what I did that made me so worthy. I'm not worthy of God's blessings. I'm scum, freeloading off of God's generosity.
I've pleased myself rather than God.

It's time for me to buck up and give back.
Give more than I want to.

Comments

Post a Comment