shelly belly came to visit

My big sister came for a whirlwind visit this past weekend.

I was pretty dang excited about her coming.
 Look how white the whites of my eyes are... I'm like, mesmerized.

I wanted to take a nice, calm picture of Shelly arriving.
But jumping around in super duper excitement has this way of making a picture blurry...

Shelly left yesterday morning.
We cried.
But before she left... and before we cried... we shopped like maniacs.

A creepy little red man.

And now you know why I can't wear aviators.

I didn't buy these sunglasses.
I didn't want to hurt my yellow sunglasses' feelings.

I like this bear. He looks retarded.

Seriously, you know what happens when you get three sisters and their moma together?
Shopping happens, that's what.
I bought this at Macy's.


And we found the coolest store ever downtown Coeur d'Alene, The Lucky Monkey.
I bought this sweater headband there for $12.
Shelly got a lime green one.


The next time I go there, I'm buying a silk wrap skirt for $15.
Also, we bought chocolate at Coeur d'Alene Chocolates.
I will never again be the same. Those chocolates were divine, heavenly, sublime, to die for, to kill for...

And I got this super cute dress I'm wearing right here. ( Thanks, Moma! :)


Basically this visit consisted of food, lots of coffee, lots of shopping, lots of laughing, lots of talking, and a massage on Saturday morning to break it up a little.




The Three Retards

Here's what I'd like to do for the rest of my life: buy all the cute clothes I want, get a massage every day, and eat chocolate from Coeur d'Alene Chocolates. I'm on the lookout for a rich dude. Let me know if you find one. I want him.

We played with each other's hair. We must play with each other's hair. It's tradition. When they were kids, Shelly used to tell Karen at bedtime, I'll play with your hair if you'll play with mine first. So Karen would. Then when it came time to switch turns, Shelly would say, Nevermind. I'm going to sleep. And she'd go to sleep without a twinge in her cold heart. Karen brought that up to Shelly the other day. Reproachfully. She's never forgotten. We don't forget important things like that.

This time I told Shelly I'd play with her hair if she played with mine first.
She did it.

Shelly probably told Emma she'd play with her hair too...

We start them out young. Lily is a big fan of the clippy.



It's been a long time since we've seen Shelly, but funny how sister bond never ends. Funny how you still feel that ache in your heart when you watch your sister walk away to catch her flight. That never goes away. No matter how much you each change, no matter how far you live from each other, sister's hearts stay knit.
Karen told Shelly on facebook, I heart you with a big, puffy, pink heart.
I wish I thought of saying that first.
I heart all them sisters.


Dear sisters of mine, all four of you, I heart you with a big, puffy, pink heart.

Comments

  1. What I wanna know is, did the creepy little red man ask you out??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! So glad you guys had such a great time :) Oh and Lyla saw the first picture and said, "Oh no, Sunnys fightin'." :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AW!! It looks like you had a lot of fun :)
    And Shelly can really rock that green headband ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The red man didn't ask me out, but you tell by the excited look on his face that he thought I was hot. And Lyla is hilarious:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment