craft diy: candy cane wreath

I hate crafts.
But, thanks to Craftgawker, I can't stop making crafty stuff right now.

I think I'm going thru my mid-life crisis or something.

Anyway. I hate to hog all the cool Christmas tutorials I've found to myself.
They're simple, cheap, and suh-weet. Anyone can do them.
So, because it's Christmas time, as I do them, I'll share. (Just in case you're going thru your mid-life crisis too.)

Check out this candy cane wreath...



I made it last night, and it's going to be someone's Christmas present.
But I'm not mentioning any names.

If you want to know how to make the wreath, click here.
If you want to know how to make the felt rosettes, click here.
If you want to know how to make the leaves, you're on your own. I winged it. Pretty much closed my eyes and whacked the felt all over.
I bought all my supplies at Michaels. It cost me about 8 bucks altogether. But that's only because I took Moma with me and used alot of 50% off coupons.

So go, be as the butterfly, rip off Michaels, and make yourself a candy cane wreath.

Speaking of candy canes.
Here's the best ice cream DIY ever:

1. Go to the nearest grocery store.
2. Buy Dreyer's Limited Edition Slow-Churned Peppermint ice cream.

Photo stolen from some random blog.

3. Take it home.
4. Put it in a bowl.
5. Squish it all up with your spoon until it's like soft serve.
6. Eat it.
7. Die.
8. Go straight to Heaven.

I love this ice cream right now. I have a thing for mint.
When I was a kid, I would squish my ice cream all up and pretend it was medicine. I still do that. You know, like Wendy on Peter Pan? Here lost boys, drink your medicine.
When I was a kid, Blue Bell Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream was my favorite.
I remember happily opening one of the bottom kitchen cupboard doors, sitting on top of it, swinging myself back and forth, and singing brightly, Mint chocolate chip ice cream... mint chocolate chip ice cream... it's my favorite... it's my favorite...
And then I cheerfully, happily, brightly said to Moma who was cooking across the kitchen, Hey Moma? Think we can get mint chocolate chip ice cream for dessert tonight? It's my favorite!
Then Moma turned to me with biscuit dough and flour on her face and shrieked, HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU NOT TO SWING ON THE CABINET DOORS??? Oh, Lord... what shall I do unto these children You have given to me?

I didn't get mint chocolate chip ice cream very often...

Comments

  1. I ADORE Dryers Peppermint Icecream. YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunny...
    The craftor...8~)
    You are doing a very nice job of making & displaying.
    Take care,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed out loud bout the cabinet comment, I thought I was the only one who lost it like that. It makes me feel so much better your mom did it too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment