hello happy fall days

Can you believe it's already almost October? Is it just me or has this year flown by like the speed of light? The days are shorter and it's getting pretty dang cold in the mornings and evenings already. Long john time, man. I love fall. Sweaters, boots, crisp days, and Starbucks pumpkin spice lattes. I would say it's my favorite season, but I think every season is my favorite while it's happening. Except super hot summer days. Not too crazy about those. And super cold winter days. Not too crazy about freezing either. I keep a close watch on my long johns and prepare to yank them on at any given chance lest I freeze prematurely. 
Anyway, I've had a Starbucks pumpkin spice latte almost everyday the last few weeks. Mary Ann buys them for me. She knows the way to my heart. Pumpkin spice lattes happen to be my very favorite thing in the world, forever and ever amen. Also, you know how we say PTL for praise the Lord? I thought my pumpkin spice latte said praise the Lord the other day. I thought that was so cool. I was so impressed with Starbucks for about ten seconds until I finally noticed it actually said PSL, not PTL. Whatever. I've heard it both ways. I think PTL every time I drink one of those things, so there.

We decided to have a fall day last Saturday. It rained that morning and I thought it was going to ruin all of our great plans, but it ended up being perfect. The rain held off long enough for us to enjoy the farmer's market for several hours.


The girls got their cute little faces painted. For free. I love free. And a nice library lady gave them free books. And then a super nice guy gave them free honey stix. Molly was eyeballing those stix while she sucked her fingers. The honey dude asked her if she wanted some. She said nope she was just looking. He gave her some anyway. Then he asked her name. She took her fingers out of her mouth long enough to somberly say, Molly. He was like, Oh like Molly Brown, huh? She looked at him like he was crazy and said, No. Like Molly 'Lizabeth. Duh. And don't you forget it mister.


Those two. They have the sweetest sister bond. And isn't Lily's hair to die for?

Later on, we ate pumpkin pancakes, baked apples, and washed it down with apple cider.
Karen makes the best pumpkin pancakes.
I made the baked apples. They aren't really baked; they're done in the crockpot.



Crockpot Baked Apples Recipe

6 or 7 apples, quartered
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
3 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup apple juice (I might've used more than that. I didn't measure the juice. Just poured it on until the apples looked happy.)

Throw all the ingredients into your crockpot and cook on high for about 3 hours. Stir it around a few times while it's cooking.
Serve hot with whip cream on top.
So very yummy!

Me and the littles made glycerin leaves. (How to right here.)



And after that, it was hot tub time! I love the hot tub. It's so warm and those jets do nice things to me.



And God capped the day off with a beautiful sunset. Just look at those shiny clouds declaring the glory of God.


I love fall. The year's last, loveliest smile. I'm loving the cooler weather. I've already worn long johns several times this past week. Can't have me freezing my tail off. And right now I'm finishing off a pumpkin spice latte. Happy sigh. PTL.

Love,
She Who Has A Close Relationship With Her Long Johns From September Until June

Comments