This girl


Luna is VERY into the trash can these days. Training her to stay out of them is a work in progress. Sometimes she walks up to the trash can and soberly tells herself,”No no no”. And then other times she brings me a used tissue and brightly says,”Thank you!!!” as though she’s done me a great favor in bringing me the gross trash she isn’t supposed to touch. Today she brought me a dirty diaper and some tissues. Then took off running as I threw it all away again. I came back to the living room five seconds later for a little training sesh, and she was sitting in the middle of the couch with my open Bible in her lap. Like, what Mom? I’m literally just a good Christian girl reading Mark chapter 3.










Her favorite things right now:

Picking her nose and wiping it in me. 

Singing the B-I-B-L-E. She can say “B-I-B-I-B-I that’s the”. And that’s all, but it’s REALLY cute. 

Eating off of our plates. This is a big deal! She has sensitive gag reflex and has vomited solid foods for months. A big source of tears for me and her both. So seeing her eating foods from us, even teeny bites, makes us so happy! Everything is “Yummmm ummmm” including the coffee beans that Dada lets her lick.

Puppies. Every animal is a puppy. A bird puppy. An elephant puppy. A meow meow puppy. And they are all “Sooooo cuuuuute, Momma. Sooooo cuuute”.

Belly buttons which she shortened to “butts”. So if she comes up to you saying “Butt butt”, she’s asking to see your fascinating belly button. If you could let her stick her finger into it, that would be great.

Going for walks. She will bring us her little yellow suit and ask to go out. And she’ll just shriek with happiness when we start bundling her up. 






My favorites:

Her curly hair. I was certain she would be born with dark, super curly hair.  But it was straight and blonde. And got straighter and blonder every day. But just in the past month the back has started to curl up!

She’s switched from constantly saying Dada to Momma. I know that one day it might be annoying, but for now the non stop HI MOMMA is pretty sweet.

Her yelling in a deep voice,”GO GO GO GO” every time Aaron revs the car. She is so into the car, and it’s a good thing because Aaron needs at least one person in this family to be interested in cars along with him and it ain’t gonna be me. 

Her little baby gibberish voice singing along with us.








Things she doesn’t like: Pooping, too much kissing, and raspberries. Pooping is a big ordeal where she cries hysterically, and begs for us to hug her and hold her hands. It’s simultaneously hilarious and sad. No, she isn’t constipated or in pain. No, I never knew I’d write on my blog about my kid pooping.

Kissing is okay with particular people and at particular times. Otherwise you can expect an elbow to the face if you try kissing her.

She’ll eat green beans and spinach, but raspberries are too disgusting to keep in her mouth for more than .5 seconds and she has to gag and wipe her tongue off to rid herself of the taste.


She is just the best kid.

Comments