this kid

I bought water beads, strawberry slime, and sidewalk chalk for Luna this morning. The water beads sit ignored in the bottom of the pool. The slime was declared “ewww” with a gag. And the chalk clearly has one purpose only: to be eaten and then immediately declared disgusting and spit out... over and over again. But her two sticks that we found in the woods, my broom, and the watering can are the best toys ever made. The knobs on the grill, the mud puddle by the sprinklers, and the dog’s water bowl are also pretty great. A quick drink out of the dog’s bowl when mama isn’t looking is more refreshing than any cuppy on this planet. She snagged Aaron’s empty energy drink can outside today. Diaper sagging down to her knees, chalk smeared all over her chest, mud half way up her legs, hair all sweaty and wet, little hand on her chubby hip. She tossed her head back and took a drink which was all of two drops. Gave a big satisfied sigh and says “Ahhh yum.” Our little redneck baby.



















I love being her mom. Every single day I am amazed that this is my life and we get to have such a sweet, funny girl. She held my face in her hands today for a long time, kissing me over and over. Rubbing her face against mine. Each time I wake her up, she happily yells out “where’s dada, hi mama!” Anytime I ask if she wants to do something- snack, watch Tom and Jerry, go outside, sit and read, go bye bye - the answer is always the same “YAY!! Wow! Yay, mama!!” With the brightest face. When Aaron and I sit together with her on the couch, she is SO happy about it. Hugging us over and over and talking her head off. Just so thrilled with having mama and dada both right there. She loves to take Aaron by the hand and walk him around the house to show him whatever is on her mind. She loves to help Aaron take his work boots off and put away all his work stuff when he gets home. She groans so hard carrying his boots, one by one, to put them away. I love her so much.

Comments

  1. I don’t know that I have ever seen a baby make as many expressions as she does. Surprise, disgust, ticked off, loving, etc😂

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment