two years

Luna and Aaron are sleeping. It’s dark and chilly outside. My twinkle lights are twinkling all over the house. My mug of hot chocolate is the best in the world. My baby belly has popped and it’s starting to seem real that we have a new baby on the way.  My house is warm and cozy and this time of day, before the rest of the world has woken up, is my very favorite. The month of October is the start of my favorite season and time of year. 
It’s Luna’s second birthday today. We bought her a little sled and I can’t wait for the first snow. She doesn’t like cake so we’re taking her out for a chocolate shake and buying a balloon from the grocery store. She will love the trip to the grocery store even more than the balloon. Everyone knows and loves her there. 
It was just a few years ago that Aaron stepped out of his car with a little kitten on his shoulder, and I was like wait… let’s get married?? And now we’ve been married for four years this month, we have a two year old, and a new baby on the way. Last night Aaron was building new back porch steps, and I was checking the order status on my new Tula baby carrier just in case it shipped in the two hours since I bought it. And this is our normal life. 
I am so grateful. I am so, so grateful. How is this my normal life? He daily loadeth us with benefits.

One year ago:







Cake is disgusting.



I’m serious, do not try to feed me that cake.



Birthday morning.











Just loved and adored. I’ll post pictures of today in another post. But last year’s birthday made me cry and had to be shared.

Comments