nailed it

It's Easter weekend. I got in the spirit and made some cupcakes.
This is the very best cream cheese frosting recipe ever. Karen found it.


I also happened to come across this picture on Pinterest.


I was like, Um excuse me while I die of cuteness overload.
And I thought to myself, Self, you and Rachel should make those for your Sunday School class kids.
So then I was like, Rachel. I found the cutest thing ever that we could do for our SS kids, and they'll love it, and it will be easy. So easy. Like you don't even know.
And she agreed to make mini Easter egg pinatas with me, thereby solidifying our status as the world's most popular Sunday School teachers ever.

I have never done paper mache before, and I'll never do it again in this lifetime. It took me about 8 hours altogether just to do the paper mache part. It took Rachel and I about another 5 hours to decorate those suckers. (That doesn't include all the time I took to stop and cry and punch the wall in frustration.)
The DIY looks so easy. It's all, Mix flour and water, throw some newspaper in, coat the balloons, fill the balloons with fun stuff, glue some streamers to them. Enjoy!

They sit on a throne of lies.
It probably would've been easier to clone my own body.

But in their defense, they apparently make tons of cute pinatas all the time so it probably is that easy for them.

Anyway, while I sat there, fuming, with a couple of nailed-its to show for all of my effort, Rachel improvised and made some of the cutest Easter eggs ever.

She was like, Hey look. I made a baby chick. Peep peep.


I was like, I made this by myself.


Then she was all, Ooo and I made a fox. The fox is my favorite.



Not to be outdone, I was like, Also, I made this pear.



I finally gave up and watched her. The only egg I can take credit for is the piggy; formerly know as the pear.


Some of them have cute tails.


The parrot is my favorite.


So all's well that ends well, and tomorrow the kids will be wigged out over their egg pinatas. Rachel has mad superhero skills.

In other news, I watched Catching Fire the other day. I liked it. I also noticed that Katniss does her hair in a braid like mine. But she also has really cool face-framing layer/bang thingys that I don't have.

So I thought to myself, Self, you should get the scissors out, and cut yourself some of those face-framing layer/bang thingys like Katniss has.

So I did. But instead of looking like Katniss, I looked like I had sideburns. Long ones. Kinda like sideburn pigtails.
I was confused.
So I thought maybe curling them would help.
It didn't. I looked like a Jewish man. Not that there's anything wrong with Jewish man hair, but there's a time and a place for that and on my head isn't it.


Then I remembered that time I cut myself some baby bangs. And that other time I tried to ombre my own hair.
So I pulled out my trusty bobby pins and pinned back my new Jewish man hair. I also hid my scissors from myself.

Happy Easter!

Love,
She Who Thinks Paper Mache Should Set Itself On Fire. And Scissors.

Comments

  1. Aww thank you! I'm just so relieved they turned out so cute! The fox is still my favorite but the parrot and the turtle are tied for second place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWWW!!! Rachel you are so cool! Those little guys are adorable.
    Sun~Jason and I made a paper mache pinata once. It was so tough none of the kids could even bust it open. I also will never paper mache again. Y'all are the best Sunday School teachers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! Sherry told us that her sister bought a pinata for her daughter's bday party one year and didn't realize she had to fill it with candy. She thought it came with. So the kids busted it open and... nada. Poor kids!

      Delete

Post a Comment