half a dozen

Karen decided to go shopping today.
With all six girls.
By herself.

*Impressed silence*

I could just stop there.
I think I could safely say we're all awed.

Anyway, Leah sent me these texts while they were gone.

Leah: hey sunny mom is having a hard time right now.
could you please think of nice things 2 do for her and tell me please :(
i'm really sad. i thought maybe a spa.
oh i could grab my spa stuff at the house.
thanx!

Me: why are you sad? because mom is upset?
is mom just stressed with all the shopping and running around?

Leah: well emma dropped her hamburger on hannah's pants.
we went to krispy kreme and hannah and emma didn't like their donuts.
so that made mom pretty mad.

Me: yeah that would hurt my feelings too.
just make sure you help mom out for now:)
she's just stressed.

Leah: emma put her hamburger in the trash too.
i need your help.

At this point I thought I should call Karen.
I asked her if she wanted to come over to my place for dinner and a movie.
So she could relax.
" Yes, but I have to go now because I'm in the check-out line and Molly is trying to climb out of her seat. She has a poopy. And I have three kids in the buggy, the one on the bottom is trying to pull the buggy along with her hands. Stop doing that!"


Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.
As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.
Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them......
~Psalm 127:3-5



Comments