hoovers

I've been spending some time over at the Hoover's in Montana, and I just have to say, I'm glad God made them.
They have this way of making a person feel a deep down comfortable.
I feel like I'm in another world when I go there. A very good world.
A world where you go out and take a nap in the hammock while the chickens roam free, clucking their hearts out.
Where Country Living magazine is a staple.
Where living for the Lord isn't a maybe....it just is.
Where laughter doeth the heart good.
Where even vegetables almost look edible.....I ate peas in a pasta salad the other night.
Where the sprinklers aren't underground, but are attached to the water hose and waving happily around in the garden.
Where we can all crowd together on the couch, and watch Tim Hawkins on Lisa's laptop. And laugh until we cry.
Where you can be downstairs, and still hear what everyone is saying upstairs.
Where you walk to the neighbor's to buy fresh milk. Which is disgusting, by the way. I gag just thinking about it.
Where you  can shoot your gun off the back porch just because it's fun.
Where when you leave, they say, "Hey, when you coming back?"

It's just relaxing.
Welcoming.
A blessing.

I like 'em alot.

Comments

  1. Iam sooo glad they are there for you, we are not close to them anymore but at one point and time they loved us more than anyone else would and they helped and encouraged us more then anyone else would, when they say they love you they mean it,there's no better people for you to be around right now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd have to agree Sunny and I've only met them once.:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment