sister mine

Thank you, Lord, for Karen.

Thank you that she loves me. Unconditionally. Without fail.
That she is always, always there for me.
That she cares for me.
That even when I've disappointed her, she comes to my rescue.
That she is on my side, even when she can't take my side.
That she never turns me away.
That she is never too busy for me.
That she tries to carry my burdens for me.
That she tries to dry every tear I cry. Or at least give me a Kleenex.
That she listens to me, rebukes me, guides me.
That no matter how much we disagree, we still can't live without each other.
That she laughs with me over corny jokes, that no one else gets, until we pee our pants, and understands the importance of a merry heart.
That she can read my mind by looking at my face.
That she tiptoes when I'm asleep.
That she shares her treasured, hoarded chocolate with me.
That she texts or calls me when I'm down. Just to send me a smile.
That she looks at me over the piano at church to laugh about Tim's Alfalfa.
That she always invites me for dinner because I hate to cook even more than she does.
That she thinks of me in every way. Remembers how much I need her.
That she encourages me get back up. And to floss. And to sing. And to take one of the girls to my house for the night when she needs a break and I need the company.
That she thinks I'm the best even when she knows I'm the worst.
That she still wants me to go shopping with her every. single. time. even though she knows I hate shopping and will be in a bad mood the whole time.
That she wants my opinion all the time.
That she doesn't mind me drinking out of her cup.
That she misses me as much as I miss her when one of us is away.
That she tries to make me eat my vegetables.
That she gives me coupons for random things all the time.
That she is just as confused by computers as I am.
That she knows me in and out.

That she and I share the same heart.
Because she loves me, and I love her back, and that's the way it is when you love someone.



Thank you, Lord, for giving me such a sister, such a friend.
You outdid yourself.

Comments

  1. Awwww! Sunny! I feel the same way about you. You're my friend and I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what would i do without you?

    curl up and die probably:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment