4th of july

We had alot of food today.

Karen made: 1. Kabobs... peppers, onions, pineapple, chicken, beef, mushrooms.
                  2. Really cool ice cream sandwiches on a stick and dipped in red, white, and blue sprinkles.
                  3. Scrumptious milk and white chocolate chip cookies.
                  4. Amazing white chocolate dipped strawberries sprinkled with blue sugar.


I made: Ummm.... I painted my toenails. Red, white, and blue. By myself.


The girls painted faces. Including mine. I love painted faces. Makes me feel like an Indian. By the way, I'm like 1/16th Indian. Sioux or something.




Then we went to the parade.
I love parades too.
I'm not crazy about the crowds, but I love the whole festive feeling. All the red, white, and blue waving around.



We sang, we waved, we walked, we sweated.

These two were a hit. With me anyway.





Wasup, yo?

We took Karen's kabobs and my carefully painted toenails over to the Hansons after the parade.
Derek Hanson has problems.
You'll have to excuse him.
He can't help it.

Derek and Lisa

Talia and Karen. Friends are such a nice thing.

Tim

Emma thought she was so amazingly funny in this. I kinda agreed with her.

The Hansons have such a lovely backyard.
It's inspiring.
I was inspired to take a nap in a hammock. But Lisa doesn't have a hammock.
So I watched the kids play instead. And Derek play. And I watched Thomas see if he could spear the tree leaves with his kabob stick. And I watched Thomas see if he could launch his broccoli into the trash can from off his kabob stick. And I watched Thomas see if he could stick his kabob stick in someone's eyeball. Thomas should never have a kabob stick unsupervised.
The Hansons have a huge goldfish pond. But the goldfish are dead so the kids used it as a swimming pool. They loved it.
I loved it too. I want one.










And...
I had my face painted, you know...
Then I put on my sunglasses...
Then I happened to glance in the mirror...


I looked kinda like a surprised beetle with those red n' white eyebrows.
Karen got mad when I scrubbed them off. She said people would've gotten a good laugh and probably waved at me alot.
But that's why I scrubbed them off. I didn't necessarily want to be laughed at. My pride can only take so much.

It was a good day.
We're all wiped out from the fun.


Comments

  1. Love it all!! We had a beautiful day too, got our own fireworks, no one got terribly burned or maimed, and ate WAY too much food, and went blueberry picking!! Makes me so thankful for America! And God, and family and friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we had a good time too. We ate ribs and watched the neighbors firework display. We bought Mike a pack of generic fireworks for $25 and she had the best time. It was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LUV YOUR BLOG :) STOP BY & SAY HI GIO

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much fun and so many good friends!You have been VERY BLESSED!Those are the memories to replace the ones you needed to trash!~MOMA~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dipped strawberries, painted faces, oh yea, and toes, and almost got killed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment