God's kiss

There is nothing to compare to the awful, horrifying feeling of walking up to someone, feeling like the lowest scum, and asking for forgiveness which I don't deserve.
Expecting to be rejected, scorned, and turned away with hatred. Told to go away, and never come back.
Feeling like a worm about to be crushed, and flicked off the sidewalk.
Fearful.

But there is nothing to compare to the wonderful sweetness of undeserved forgiveness!
To be expecting a slap in the face, and instead being wrapped up in loving arms, and being told how much I am still loved.
To be asked how I could even doubt the forgiveness so easily offered to me.
To be told that the ones I've hurt are still there for me, and still need me.
To be assured, and reassured.
Overwhelming.

That kind of forgiveness feels like God just took my dirty, mud-streaked face between His gentle, loving hands, and kissed me.
The sweetest of all kisses. The kiss of a Father for His child.
Caring, and with eyes full of love.

Forgiveness.
Perfectly sweet.
God's kiss.

Comments

  1. i can't wait to see you!!!
    feels like i've been gone for a year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All is quiet Here now.Another deer bit the dust at noon.I've been reading your blogs... since I now can.Awaiting the Precious Package arriving Monday.Life isn't always what we expect it to be but it is always what we make of it.I love you......Moma

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kiss you ,too. XXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. my moma just called me a "precious package".....
    *warm fuzzy smiles*

    xxxxx to you too, karen:)

    love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I gotta get in on the love too! I love you Sunny. Been praying for you.
    ~Jenny

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment