i hate sewing

Why, oh why, did I decide to make a quilt?

I can't give up now, but I abhor sewing. I despise it. It infuriates me. How come it's so stinkin' hard just to sew a straight line?
This is where stubbornness kicks in. Grim die-hardism.
My frowny face is on.
I can't repeat the words that run randomly thru my head while I'm sitting at the sewing machine. (I also hate the sewing machine. Just for good measure. I also hate seamrippers, which is a pity since I have to use it so often.)


Sidenote: There's something about making a quilt that makes me feel like a grandma. Not that there's anything wrong with grandma's, but I'm only 26, for heaven's sakes. And to make it worse, it seems like everything, hobby-wise, that I've chosen to do these days is also grandma-ish.
Patricia asked me, So what've you been doing while you're at your Moma's?
And I replied, Oh, not much. Sewing on my quilt.....got the sky almost done on my fifty-five thousand billion piece puzzle.....pulled out the scrapbook I'm making for Moma's Christmas present.....getting in some light reading, while sitting in the rocking chair.....found some new grey hairs....

I mean, what's next???
Knitting?
Darning my socks?
Taking cholesterol medication?
Saving Ziploc baggies to make purses out of?
(I went to this really cool quilt shop with Moma, and there was this lady there who had a purse made out of plastic bags. She made it herself, and.......I FOUND MYSELF ADMIRING IT!!!)

Just to clarify: I love knitted things so if you happen to want to make me something knitted, please do. I will love you for it.









Anyhoo.









I will make this quilt if it kills me, aaaaand be complainingly, uber dramatic about it the whole time.

Comments

  1. I would love to see your quilt. Please post pictures. Beginning to End. Quilting is like a puzzle and its good work for your brain and your hands. =-) I hate seam rippers too. But I love my sewing machine. Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll post pics when it's all finished. For now the design is Top Secret:) And you're right,it IS like a puzzle. Which is probably why I hate doing it. I hate puzzles too...
    All this stuff requires patience, which I don't have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The next time you come to visit I will show the easiest quilt you have ever made and you might change your mind...and I think all those things are like retro chic, not grandma-ish. I am kind of a dork tho, so what do I know?
    ~Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha, retro chic! I like that better than grandma-ish:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, it's retro chic for sure! So many people are into that kinda stuff these days. I love the idea of sewing, baking bread, canning, having a dozen kids, a farm, on 10 acres...but it's too much work for me right now. No more...I bake fresh breadf about every 2 yrs and when it falls I say I'm never doing that again. @ yrs later I try again...

    ReplyDelete
  6. m'kay....as much as i like homemade bread, the trouble of making it makes store bought bread look better and better. the same goes for canning, and farms, and all that too.
    10 acres sounds good though! can you imagine all the time i would get in on a riding lawn mower with 10 acres??? heavenly:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment