hope thou

"Because I love you, and I cannot stop."


Recovery.
Slowly, but surely.
Wounds mending by my Saviour's love.
His forgiveness helping my scars to fade.

I stand on the battlefield again.
But this time, I will hold my sword tight. I will not lay aside my armour.
I have felt the horror of the Deceiver's grip, I will not soon forget it.
I have seen the destruction caused by listening to his false promises.
I will not forget!

My sword in my hand, the Great Defender will stay me.
My armour on, my Defender will hold me up.
My scars remind me of what I am, of my small strength.
My scars remind me of my Saviour's mercy.

The fight is on, the battle is not over.
But sweet, blessed assurance....I do not fight this battle on my own!
My Defender is by my side!
The Lord is my strength, and my strong tower.
He will never leave me, nor forsake me.
I cannot lose with Him on my side.
Hope thou in the Lord, soldier.

The hills roll green, the battle cries are heard, the victory is nigh.
The Deceiver comes, thinking himself great, thinking himself the victor.
That roaring lion, who walketh about seeking whom he may devour, that terrible imposter.
A hush falls over the army.
The crowds wait.
Then....
Triumph crashes through my breast!
My Defender arises, the true Lion!
Weep not: behold the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, hath prevailed...!
The Enemy is no match for my Lord.
He cannot win. The victory is not his.
His defeat, his vanquishing is eternal.
The battlefield erupts,"Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord God Almighty!"
Every knee bowed.
The Holy One is conqueror.

My knees are bowed in thankfulness.
Each day comes with new battles.
But, this I know, I am my Beloved's, and He is mine.
My Saviour, my Defender, my Deliverer.
His wonder never ceases.
His love for me never ends.

He is my hope.

Comments

  1. Just remember that the scars that no one else can see are the ones that hurt the most and take the longest to heal. Don't be discouraged. Put those things behind and press towards the mark.
    ~Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Behold,God IS my salvation;I will trust,and not be afraid:for the LORD JEHOVAH IS my strength and my song;he also IS BECOME my salvation!!!~~~I LOVE THE STATE OF BEING VERBS IN THIS VERSE!...Moma

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment