baby names

This post is for Karen. My big sister who's pregnant with her seventh baby girl.
Well... maybe it'll be a boy.
But the odds are certainly against it since all Karen has had so far are girls. Six of them.
So I'm not holding my breath.




Karen?
Are you there?
Listen to your sister.

I've been doing some research for you.
Ava Claire is definately the best name ever.
(Can I name this baby, Karen? You got to name the other six. You shouldn't be greedy about this...)


Ava, origins and meanings: (Germanic) strength; desired; (Hebrew) alive; (Latin) bird; (Persian) voice, song, sound; (French) the juniper tree
The name was made popular by actress Ava Gardner.
She's so beautiful.

Claire, origin and meaning: (Latin) clear, bright
Claire is a sweet, sweet name that makes me think of eclairs.

Heaven help me.
I'm going to buy one of those from the doughnut shop around the corner from my house right now.

How can you pass up a such a sweet, pretty name?
I love the meanings. Except juniper tree. That one's kinda random.
But no pressure, Karen.
If you don't want to use that name, I have others.

Sophie- (Old Greek) wisdom.
Norah- (Latin) honored, honorable; (Old Greek) bright one, shining one.
Zoey- (Old Greek) life.
Lorraine- (Old French) laurel, bay.
And of course, Sparkle Rose Cute- ( big sister Emma) just sounds so pretty.


A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches.    -Proverbs 22:1

Comments

  1. Baaahhhaahhaah! Sputter....cough...more laughing...my BIG sister Karen....so funny! Congrat's Karen!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm telling her you said that:)
    This is Rachel Adamue right? I have no idea how to spell your last name. If I spelled it how it sounds it would be Adamoo... I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :D Go ahead and tell her!! She is one of the most petite cutest people I know...and I mean that as a compliment. It just struck my funny bone the way that you said big sister:) And btw, I enjoy your blog.....you have talent! I come for a quick smile and to drool that you get to have your sister so close:) ~Rachel AdaMOU:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I told her. She said she'll still be your friend. I didn't even realize I had made a funny when I wrote that:)
    And thank you... glad you like the blog. (I'm kinda partial to it myself.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. sunny,
    please email me at preacherfarley@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the name Sadie Grace.
    Aunt M~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sadie is adorable! Karen really likes those short simple names.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment