quietness

The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places...     -Psalm 16:6

Very pleasant.
Very calm.
Very peaceful.
Very happy.
Very content.

I wanted to sit down and write a list (because I love writing lists) about what God's done for me just in the last three weeks.
I started to.
But then I got overwhelmed.
There's so much, so many things to write down.
So let this suffice...

I've never been in such a place before. A quiet place.
Such quietness.
I feel like when Christ raised His hand and said, Peace be still.
Or when He said, Be still and know that I am God.
He's raised His hand and covered my spirit, my soul with His calm, and in that calm helped me to know that He is God... in control of all my goings on.

Normally when I think of my cup overflowing, it's with giddy excitement. Ultra happiness.
But this is different... better even.
This isn't an overflow fountaining, spouting up.
It's a steady, constant overflowing that pours down over me.
Comforting, nourishing, calming.
Like a nap in a hammock on a warm, sunshiny day.

"Blessed quietness, holy quietness... everything is turned to gladness."

My cup runneth over.

Comments