new name

I've changed my blog name.
I really liked Sunshine on a cloudy day. It was a cheesy spin on my own name and it made me smile.
But, my life has changed alot over this past winter, and I felt like a new name was in order for the blogspot.
I just couldn't come up the right one until a few days ago when I was looking at a childhood friend's wife's website, Small Bird Studios. Their little baby girl died a while back, but instead of shriveling in bitterness she simply says, what a beautiful mess she left behind, and gives God the glory for His goodness to her and her family. It touched my heart. I thought it was so sweet. The whole website is sweetness itself.
Anyway, when I read those words I thought, That's what my life is. Just a beautiful mess. A big, messy mess made beautiful by a God Who loves me so.

I like the meaning behind a name. I think it's important. All throughout the Bible, the names have meaning. Even the names of towns and buildings.
My middle name means God's grace. How wonderful is that??? I'm so glad my Moma named me what she did. It suits me. And every time someone says Sunny Jane, it's a reminder of God's grace to me. It's a good name to have.

This blog isn't just about me. It's more than that, it's about my life.
It's about the people I know, the places I go, the decisions I make, my friends and family, my struggles, my triumphs, things that strike my fancy... etc.
It's about what God's been doing for me, how He's blessed me so beautifully.
Sometimes my life can be messy, but with God, it's always beautiful.

The messy parts are about me.
But the beautiful parts are what God's doing in spite of me.
A beautiful mess...

Comments

  1. I have thought "beautiful" about you for a long time. I believe it's beautiful what God is doing in your life. I love you! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can definitely see the growth in your life. If you can call a "mess" beautiful then you are truly content.
    Name meanings: Jennifer means "white wave", Lida means "beloved by all", So I think we can all see I am well named! HA! :)
    Mikenzie is "the fair one" and Rae is derived from Rachel which means "ewe".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay one more:
    Jason means "healer" and Lee means "shelter from storm". I never even knew that until today. Wow! Thats all I can say. Wow!
    ~Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen: You're beautiful too, inside and out. Right now you're like a beach babe:)

    Jenny: I love Jason's names! I knew Jason meant healer, but I didn't know what Lee meant. What you said... wow. And you ARE beloved by all... especially by all us:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sunny means "Sunshine; happy, cheerful temperment."
    I likey my name.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment