puberty: what it did to us


Who:  Me and my life friend, Aubriann.
Ages:  13 and 15.
Hair:  Hugely huge. Also, painfully big.
Dresses:  What the heck were our mothers thinking??? Those dresses are cruel and unjust.
Thing on Aubri's wrist:  Is that a corsage? Did she steal it from some nursing home?
Hair:  Massive. We didn't even have to try.
Eyebrows:  Bushy. The cause of many a boy's horrified glance. I can't even bear to look at those ghastly things.
Our faces:  Puffy.
Hair:  The 80's called, they want their hair back.
The two of us:  So absolutely convinced we were the hottest babes ever.


The two of us again:  Still convinced.
Hair:  I seriously can't stop staring at it.
My facial expression:  Curiously vacant looking. Probably from the strain of the giant scrunchie I was wearing on the back of my head.

Me, present day:  I'm so thankful for things like flat irons, thinning shears, and wax strips.
I was pretty much the hottest thing ever back in the day, but now (thanks to waxing and flat irons) I'm like, smokin'...

Comments

  1. Hard to believe that was THE look, eh? Makes you wonder what we'll think when we look back in about ten years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love looking back at old pictures. Maybe I should put a few of my favs on the family site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you thank you for making me laugh so much Sunny!!! Rachel H.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whats bad is that it wasn't the 80's ans i'm so sorry about that dress. Won't happen again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't you wearing my clothes in the 2nd one? and you're 7 years younger than me :) Good thing "drop-shoulder" was in style :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa:Thank you, thank you very much.
    Jaime: In 10 yrs, I'll still be hot.
    Rachel: You're so very welcome. Anytime:)
    Jenny: Holy cow. I rolled on the floor looking at your pics. Hilarious!
    Shelly: I forgot those dresses were your idea. Next time maybe a little black dress, eh?
    Karen: Drop shoulder, ha!Good thing that outfit wasn't Laura Ashley... you'd still be wearing it... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do wonder if Mikenzie will look back at her pictures and think some of these things. I think our kids look so adorable but I bet they will be embarrassed one day too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe that was stylish in that time period. To girls my age(13) The eighties sound ANCIENT! But they aren't. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment