thankful for...

1. Thanksgiving Day with Moma and Tracy.


Tracy made the best turkey ever.
None of us knew how to carve it.
Moma looked up techniques in the cookbook, but we ended up just tearing the darn thing to pieces and calling it good.
Also, I feel sorry for turkey's... you know whats. How must it feel to have all that stuffing stuffed up... you know where? Poor things.


2. The view from Tracy's window on Thanksgiving morning.


I might live in fear and dread of the water, but I love to look at it.
It's one of God's most beautiful creations.


3. Old movies with Moma and Tracy.


I'd never seen The Thin Man movies. I've watched three since Thanksgiving Day. Those things are hilarious.


The last time I watched Friendly Persuasion was years ago with my little brother, Jackie. We stayed up late watching it. It was Christmas time and our house didn't have heat. So we came up with the most genious plan ever. We turned the oven on broil, moved the tv onto the kitchen counter, pulled our rocking chairs around the stove, and watched our movie in warmth and peace everlasting.
I love that movie. I love all the thees and thous. I love when the sister asks Little Jess if she's pretty and he says, Weeeelll... thee isn't ugly. I love Anthony Perkins' acting. I love Gary Cooper no matter what he does. I love when the attic goes all quiet and Dorthy McGuire asks Gary, What does thee think they're... doing? And he says, Silent prayer? Ha! Makes me laugh every time.


4. Watching Tracy's dog, Leisel, trying to walk around with her little snowboot thingys on.
Oh. my. word.
I cried tears of laughter.
This isn't Leisel, but it's still funny...
(Hear how those people are laughing? That was us, watching Leisel.)



5.  Homemade, spiced cranberry sauce.


So... that kinda looks like glumpy blood, but wow. Yum.
Tracy is like, a gourmet cook. She whips stuff up like it's nothing. And it's good. I didn't know you could even make homemade cranberry sauce. I thought it always plopped out of a can you bought at Walmart. And actually, the first time I saw cranberry sauce straight out of a can, I was freaked out because it was solid. Not sliced. I thought it had gone bad and all the slices were stuck together. I had never seen cranberry sauce not sliced and not on a plate that used to belong to my great grandmother.
It's not like I spend alot of time in the kitchen or anything...


6.  Little gnome baby.


My friend, Heather, came over to Tracy's for a few hours and we held her little Baby Boo forever.
Also, I gave her a bath and she screamed bloody murder the whole time.
But she made up for it by being cute and staring at the light fixtures like her life depended on it. Apparently, Baby Boo loves lights, and has Christmas ones put up in her room already. Geez, the things we'll do for babies.


7.  All the time in the world during a four day weekend to try out hair tutorials.
Remember those hair tutorials I posted about right here?
Well, I've been practicing. And I've been loving the results. For the most part.

the hanging braid

flat iron curly

Also, I don't have red hair. Don't know why it looks like that up there.
See? Plain Jane brown...



Thanksgiving was nice this year.
Relaxed. Quiet. Good friends. Good food. Laughing. Flat iron burns on my fingers...

O give thanks unto the LORD, for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.   Psalm 107:1

Comments

  1. Hey, you know what? You have the same face shape as my (very lovely) Mom. And the best hair style for that is not too long with waves. Just realized that when I saw that last photo. Even tho you're doing a weird facial expression, it looks really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the last pic, too! Reminds me of Mary Tyler Moore when she was young!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also like your hair. Very pretty, soft and feminine.

    And im glad you had a good thanksgiving.

    And I did Mikenzie's hair for sunday with two "hanging" braids and everyone said it was cute. I will take a picture next time and post it so you can see it.

    Thanks for being you.

    Love Jenny.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment