for unto us

And I will shake all nations, and the desire of all nations shall come: and I will fill this house with glory, saith the LORD of hosts. Haggai 2:7

And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel.
Matthew 2:6

But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.
Micah 5:2

Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.
Isaiah 7:1

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince Of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.
Isaiah 9:6-7

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beggining with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
John 1:1-3, 14

And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
Hebrews 1:6

And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David.
And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end. Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man? And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
Luke 1:30-35

And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered. And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
Luke 2:6-11

I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
Psalm 2:7

But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
Philippians 2:7-8

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
1Timothy 3:16

Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.
Luke 2:14


I don't know about you, but I love these verses.
They just thrill me.
Right down to my toes.
My favorite is Isaiah 9:6-7....
Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Oh, those words!
The picture they create in my mind!

I can't imagine Christ as a baby. I just can't.
I don't mean to belittle the wonderous miracle of Christ's birth.
I would never want to do that.
It. is. amazing. Too amazing for my small words.
But, for all my overactive imagination, I fail to see Christ as a child, every time.
When I read these verses, I can't see baby Jesus wrapped in swaddling clothes.
They give me a completely different mental image.
I see Him on that cross with love in His eyes. Love for me!
I see Him conquering death.
I see Him shaking Hell's gates.
I see Him coming back on His white horse with His vesture dipped in blood.
I see myself falling flat on my face in the presence of His glory.
I see Christ, in all His might, holding my hand.

I cannot fathom the wonderful glory of God.
All I know is, I'm a part of it.
A scraped up piece of dust, partaking in the miracle that is Christ's birth...death...burial...and resurrection.

I love these verses, and this time of the year, because they remind me of all that.
And it fills my heart to bursting.

Comments