i am your nose

Doing school with Emma, age six in real life, age four at heart:

Karen:  "Riddle, Emma.....I am on your face, sometimes I run, you use me to smell, I am your???"

Emma, brightly:  "The sun!"

Karen, patiently:  "No, Emma. It's on your face, and it smells."

Emma:  "Oh! Lotion?"   (like, duh!)

Karen, deciding to give her a hint:  "No, Emma. Do my eyes smell?"

Emma:  "Nooo."

Karen:  "Does my mouth smell?"

Emma, certain she's finally on the right track:  "Yes!"

Karen, deciding to laugh rather than pull out her hairs:  "Well....it does, but that's not what it's talking about...."

Comments

  1. In defense of Emma, sun DOES rhyme with run...that's what threw her off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only problem is~we grownups forget how a child thinks.It was too long ago...MOMA

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment