day one

Tis' the week before Thanksgiving.
I'm gonna copycat the twelve days of Christmas. Only it'll be the twelve days of Thanksgiving, well.....minus five days.
Okay, I guess it's not the same at all, but just go with me here.

On the first day of Thanksgiving:

There's snow outside! I woke up, and there it was! Just a little, but still....it's snow!
Woohoo!
Wasn't it just yesterday that I said something about wanting snow?
I didn't have to wait long.
Thankyouthankyouthankyouthanks.

I found the most perfect Thanksgiving verse.
Nevertheless he left not himself without witness, in that he did good, and gave us rain from heaven, and fruitful seasons, filling our hearts with food and gladness.  ~Acts 14:17
There's something about the words "fruitful seasons" and "filling our hearts with food and gladness" that makes me picture the Pilgrims sitting down to dinner, and cornucopias spilling over with fruit, and pumpkin pie, and good ol' Squanto.
And I love that it says filling our hearts, not filling our bellys.

Thank you, Lord.

Comments

  1. I like this verse too. I can totally see what you're saying about the pilgrims...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i likey too:)
    you know, i was thinking you could make a pumpkin log for thanksgiving....if you wanna.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment