day two

On the second day of Thanksgiving:

Songs.
Hymns.
I love music. To sing. To hear other people singing.
I love listening to someone play the piano, or whatever instrument, and being able to feel their passion for the music just flowing out of them.
I love the happy sound of oldies.
The amazing, soaring of classical.
The fight some songs stir up in me.
The sweet sentimental sound of songs like Yellow.
The coziness of Christmas music.
But mostly these days, I love the song service at church.
I can sing without inhabition because of the crowd singing with me.
It's uplifting....contagious joy.
And the hymns are like praise, comfort, and wisdom all wrapped up in one.
It's hard to pick a favorite hymn.
I have several....
It Is Well With My Soul
My Jesus I Love Thee
Oh, Say But I'm Glad
Blessed Assurance

and...
When We See Christ
We just sang this one the other night at church, and it always has the same affect on me. I don't know whether to cry, or shout.
It makes me feel triumphant.
It's best when singing it at the October meeting. All those people singing it one room!


Oft times the day seems long, our trials hard to bear,
We’re tempted to complain, to murmur and despair;
But Christ will soon appear to catch His Bride away,
All tears forever over in God’s eternal day.

It will be worth it all when we see Jesus,
Life’s trials will seem so small when we see Christ;
One glimpse of His dear face all sorrow will erase,
So bravely run the race till we see Christ.

Sometimes the sky looks dark with not a ray of light,
We’re tossed and driven on, no human help in sight;
But there is one in heav’n who knows our deepest care,
Let Jesus solve your problem – just go to Him in pray’r.

Life’s day will soon be o’er, all storms forever past,
We’ll cross the great divide, to glory, safe at last;
We’ll share the joys of heav’n – a harp, a home, a crown,
The tempter will be banished, we’ll lay our burden down.


Thank you, Lord, for giving us just one more way of being able to feel Your presence.

Comments

  1. Mmm miss the singing at HBC... Powerful,imperfect,real....beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. It IS wonderful. The best singing of anywhere:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment