God is good

God is good.

God has shown me some things in the last few months. Even more in the last few weeks.
I mean really shown me.
I was raised in a Christian home, got saved when I was ten, kept myself on good terms with God. Really good terms even.
But, I've never known God like I have lately.
I'm not saying that I've got it all figured out and that if you want some great spiritual advice just come on over to righteous me.
No, I'm just saying that God is good.
And I'm only just getting it thru my thick head how very good He is.

He's worth it.
He's worth letting go of everything.
Whatever it is that I have to let go of.... He. is. worth it.
I've had a lot to let go of.
Fear. Doubt. Worry. The desires of my heart. Pride. Bitterness. Stupidity. The past. Anger. Indecisiveness. People pleasing. Impatience. Stubbornness.
... to name a few.

But God...

He's helped me.
I've never before realized the absolute beauty of depending on Him alone. Not on myself, not on other people, just Him.
It's precious.
Sweet.
It fills my mouth with laughter, and at the same time brings me to my knees in tears of gratefulness.

Who am I that He would care so much?
What have I ever done for Him?

I used to get jealous when I read in the Bible about John laying his head on Christ's breast.
He was so lucky to be able to do that.
But I'm not jealous anymore because that's where I'm at right now.... laying my head on His breast and it's good.


What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?     -Psalm 8:4

Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!     -Psalm 107:31

Comments