more than ten

I know I'm a few days late, but... farewell 2010.
It was nice knowing you, but I'm perfectly happy to wave goodbye to you.
For the first time in my life I say, bring on the new year.
However, I've learned a lot of good things with you...


1)  "Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."     -Forrest Gump

2)  Mercy is not getting what you deserve.
Grace is getting what you don't deserve.
Doesn't that just take your breath away?
I know this first hand.

3)  The joy of the Lord is my strength.
Joy is impossible to live without.
If you don't have it, you might as well curl up and die because your life is worthless.

4)  Coffee isn't as bad as I thought it was.
It's an acquired taste.
I can actually drink a cup of regular brew now, and not always have to have the fancy pants caramel macchiato.
....let me amend that, I can drink a cup of regular brew + a good dose of caramel chocolate creamer.

5)  I've come to terms with my chronic bad hair day.
My hair and I have reached a mutual agreement...it'll be bad and I'll just have to deal with it.
I can't fight it anymore.
It'll never go away.
From now until eternity.
I, personally, think I'm getting the short end of the stick in this dealio.

6)  I'm dependent.
If you can take care of your problems on your own, kudos to you.
I can't.
And I stubbornly prefer to think of this as a quality rather than a flaw.

7)  In spite of the above, I entered the mysterious realm of grown-ups in 2010.
At age 27.
I'm a late bloomer.

8)  God's forgiveness can cover any sin.
And He can untangle any mess.
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God...     -Romans 8:28
(Excuse me while I go cry in utter gratefulness.)

9)  Being optimistic is a good thing.
But, I suffer a lot of disappointment because of it.
For instance, I'm certain I'll be the big winner every time I enter a Pioneer Woman giveaway.
Positively certain.
Alas, I've won nary a thing.
I'll most likely win the next time though.

10)  Don't believe everything you're told.
No really. Don't.

11)  You find out who your friends are, and I've found out all my friends are true friends.
I don't deserve them.
They've all stuck with me like so much super glue during this past year.
Through thick and thin.
Every last one of them.

12)  God knows exactly what I need, and exactly when I need it.
That's been head knowledge that I've carried around with me my whole life, but this past year made it more than head knowledge.
Now it's experience.
Sometimes you have to learn things you've always known.

13)  Speaking of learning something I've always known...
If you read your Bible every day, you will grow, grow, grow.
That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word.     -Ephesians 5:26

14)  It is possible to burn elbow noodles while boiling them.
Even if the noodles are water logged.
I should know. I've done it.
It was a scientific experiment, and had nothing whatsoever to do with making mac n' cheese.
I promise.


That's 2010 in a nutshell.
I made a couple of New Year's resolutions.
I've never done that before because, well, I think it's kinda dumb to wait until the new year to start a good thing.
But lets forget that, I made some this year.

I'm going to learn patience.
I'm going to stop procrastinating, and always put my laundry away as soon as it comes out of the dryer.
I'm going to eat everything on my plate.
I'm going to learn how to swim without a life vest this summer.

Ok, cross out that last one.
I'm getting a little carried away.
Swim without a life vest....     *snort*
As if.

Comments

  1. Hmmm.You are going to learn patience.Well, just remember that ...tribulation worketh patience.I know,it doesn't say Teach it.But His grace will suffice even after you have ?LEARNED? it....KILL-JOY MOMA :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment