unsearchable riches

Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;
And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ.     -Ephesians 3:8-9

I listened to one of Bro. Kory Mears' messages this morning on the unsearchable riches of God.

Quick bio on Bro. Mears: 
He's been a missionary to the Figi Islands for the past fifteen years.
His wife's name is Wendy.
They have seven kids.
He's very intense.
I've only heard him preach twice.
I will. never. forget the first time I heard him preach. He spoke about the power of God, and let me tell you, the glory of God came down and settled in that auditorium. It was like in the Old Testament when the Isrealites could see and feel God's presence in the tabernacle. I looked around for the fiery pillar. I couldn't have gotten out of my seat if my life depended on it. I can't fully describe it for you, but let it suffice to say, I've never felt the presence of God in that wise at any other time.
And it's a good thing Bro. Mears didn't start pouring little Dixie cups of Kool-Aid, or we'd have all been goners.

Back to unsearchable riches.
He said a lot of great stuff, but what really stuck out to me was when he defined unsearchable.
He said the riches of God are kinda like the heavens. We will never be able to say, here's where they start and here's where they end because they're unsearchable to us finite humans. The heavens go on and on and on and on.....
So do the riches of God, only much farther on.
That unsearchable doesn't mean we aren't able to find, or discover His riches, it means that we have something new to 'discover' everyday.
His riches are infinite. Never ending. Unsearchable. Measureless.

Could we with ink the ocean fill,
And were the skies of parchment made,
Were every stalk on earth a quill,
And every man a scribe by trade;
To write the love of God above
Would drain the ocean dry;
Nor could the scroll contain the whole,
Though stretched from sky to sky.
-Frederick M. Lehman

....the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.     -John 21:25
 
Not one of us can sit down, start writing a book about the riches of God, and expect to ever finish.
It's impossible.
I double dog dare you to try.
But, that said, I'm making another News Year's resolution...
Although I can't contain the whole of God's riches in a book, I'm going to start listing them on here bit by bit.
(I love lists. They make everything seem so organized and well thought out.)
I want to search out those unsearchable riches and see what treasure I find.
 
Also, if you want to hear Bro. Mears for yourself, click on the link below.
 
Link
 

Comments