pimp my imaginary house

Ever since Pioneer Woman (God bless her) introduced me to The Lettered Cottage (God bless her again), I've been playing this game.
I call it If I Had All The Money In The World.
It's a game I've played my entire life.

If I had all the money in the world, I would...
Travel around the world. But mostly travel around Italy.
Buy a Chi flat iron.
Buy Godiva every day.
Hire someone to fold my laundry.
Hire someone to do my cooking.
Hire someone to scratch my back whenever I want.
Hire a slave.
Shop at Anthropologie every day. (There. I made that a link so you can go to Anthropologie online and buy me the desires of my heart. If you wanna.)
Never work another day in my life... unless I felt like it.
Go into an old book store and buy every old book they have.

Oh, the possibilities are endless.
There are so many things I could do if I had all the money in the world.
I know money can't buy happiness, but it can buy pretty much everything else.

So, back to The Lettered Cottage.
If I had all the money in the world, I would buy a house. A lovely house. And then I would pimp the kitchen until you would not believe. You would think since I hate cooking that I wouldn't care about the kitchen, but not so. The kitchen is, in my opinion, the hub of the house. It's where the best things happen. It's where Moma would cook and we would watch. And she would sing and we would all sing along. Good smells came from there. Good homemaking sounds came from there too. I used to take my book and sit on the kitchen counter to read while Moma cooked. We did more talking, as a family, in the kitchen than anywhere else. Sitting on the countertops. We spent a lot of time there. I like the kitchen. It's the real family room.

I want an old farm house.
With floor to ceiling, wall to wall windows.
Dark hard wood floors.
A wraparound porch. (The porch is just as important as the kitchen. I must have a porch. Tim says if you were to put me and Karen in a trailer house, we would be just fine with that... so long as it had a porch.)

I won't bore you with the rest of the details, but I found some pics of what I want.
I'll share them with you right now because I know you're dying to see my dream house/kitchen.
I'm saving these pics for the day when I have all the money in the world.
(Have you ever noticed how all these interior design people are like, So we have a low budget remodel to do... we only have $12,000 to spend on this one room. What? That's low budget? My idea of low budget is a lot less. More like $100 per room. And that's on a good day when I'm rolling in the dough.)


Old house + wraparound porch = be still my heart.

Beautiful old house.
Not exactly a wraparound porch, but still... I like.

Okay, I don't like this room at all, but check out those windows!
Floor to ceiling! Almost wall to wall!

I just like it. Even though it isn't quite decorated to my taste.
I like black painted furniture.
And lots of Pier 1 throw pillows... in every color you can think of.

I stole this one straight from The Lettered Cottage.
Because I like the color they have on their walls.
Kinda dove grey-blueish. I'm not a huge fan of color on the walls so this is perfect.

And finally... the kitchen.
I want those floors. Those windows. That sink. Those appliances.
Those butcher block countertops.
I don't want the furniture or those upper cupboards though. Yikes.

The Lettered Cottage again.
I would never have thought of putting a color like that on the cupboards.
I love it. And those windows.

Here's a close up of the most perfect sink in the world.
I could wash my car in it.
And countertops anyone???
I hate granite... I love butcher block.


I'll stop there.
I have way more ideas for my imaginary kitchen though. It's borderline pathetic.
Now, if you want to know what NOT to do in your kitchen...

*shudder*

*gag*



Comments