making a list

Have I ever mentioned how much I love making lists?
I love making lists.
Maybe it's a dorky thing to do, but I don't care. I must make lists. I literally have to. It makes my life better in all kinds of ways.

I've been making a lot of lists lately.
... a to do list.
... not to do list.
... what makes me happy list.
... things to change list.
... what God has done for me list.
... things I want to learn list.
... things I need to buy list.
... things I don't have the money for list.
... grocery list.
... things I'm thankful for.

You get the idea.

Here's another list, a blog list. Bits and pieces of the original lists that I have floating around in my car, my purse, my bottom drawer, and oddly enough, in my fridge...
(I have no idea how that list made it into my fridge.)

1)  I'm a born teacher.
No really, I am. I love teaching things to little kids. And I'm good at it too.
I'm going to go to school for it. Hopefully this fall, but we'll see how that pans out.
I did some teaching today but not for a little kid.
I taught my big sister how to write up a rough draft for a paper in her English class, via email.
She thinks I'm all smart about writing and stuff.
I like her to think that.

2)  I need to scrub the coffee spill off the outside of my front door.
It's been there since before I moved in and every time I unlock the door I think, I should really scrub that off... it looks gross.
But then I never do.
I just pull a Scarlett O'Hara and mumble something about tomorrow.

(Dear Scarlett, you're a bad influence.)

3)  I love interior design. I'm kinda good at that too. (Man, I'm really braggadocios today aren't I?)
There's something satisfying about rolling some paint on the walls, moving the furniture around, and finding exactly the right wall hanging for above the couch. Then you step back and think, Look how great it all looks! It looks like home now.
I wouldn't mind taking some interior design classes too, but in the mean time, I do the next best thing... I steal other people's ideas.
I found this today on Pioneer WomanThe Lettered Cottage.
Go ahead. Click on that link. You will die and go straight to heaven. That's what I did this morning when I saw it... just ask Karen, she was there.

(Dear Pioneer Woman, thank you for all you've done for me. I love you.)

4)  I'm trying to read more.
Reading is one of those things that just makes me happy.
When I was a teen, I did nothing but read.
Read, read, read.
The library ladies felt sorry for me. One day they asked how I felt about my moma 'forcing' me to read all those books. They looked at my weekly stack of 20 books or so, and starting dialing Child Protective Services.
I was like, WHAT??? 
It took some serious talking to convince them that I actually prefered reading over anything else.
Anyway, I'm reading The Scarlet Pimpernel right now. It's been years since I read it last.
I'd forgotten how good that book is.

5)  I need a good flat iron. I'm sick. to. death. of my hair looking like Patty Duke's.
My flat iron is el cheapo.
Alas, el cheapo is what I can afford so Patty Duke's twin I stay.

(Dear Chi Products, can you lower your prices? It would make me uber happy.)

(And dear Patty Duke, your hair is stupid.)

6)  Wouldn't you think that patience would be harder to learn than to stop procrastinating?
Well.
Let me set you straight about that. 
It's NOT.
I'm learning patience... not so much with the procrastination thingy.
I have a feeling it'll be on my list of things to change for awhile.

7)  God has given me wings as eagles.
Laughter in my mouth. Joy in my heart. Peace that passeth all understanding.
And the ability to make the right decision.
God is good to me.

8)  Speaking of how good God is.
The other day I was... how shall I say... not worried, but definately getting there.
I had this thing that needed taken care off. It was a really big deal.
So I went to God and said, Not to be demanding or anything, but You say in Your Word that if I trust You, You'll take care of my needs. Take care of this please.
Then I went to bed and determined not to bite my fingernails.
Less than an hour later I got a phone call that took care of part of that need. And since then I've gotten several more phone calls that took care of the rest.
And God said to me, I've got you covered.

(Lord in heaven, thank you. From the bottom of my heart, I thank you.)

Comments

  1. Maybe I'm just not as confident as you;)And forget about that coffee stain.It won't come off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking maybe it's not coffee. It has a redish tinge to it in some spots. Maybe it's something gross like puke or blood or chew spit. I'm afraid to touch it now.
    No I'm NOT confident. I just pretend:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment